At Dejero, our mission is to provide fast, reliable, and secure connectivity, anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too. We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada (2014, 2015 and 2016).
We are looking for a detail-oriented network and Linux expert with experience in software development and testing to join our SQA team. This position is based out of our Waterloo head office, reporting to the SQA Manager.
- As part of our SQA team, design, build, document and execute testing for key network connectivity software products using test apps, scripts and procedures
- Work closely with software development, product management, and customer support teams to provide timely and effective input on product quality
- Create reports to illustrate product performance and test progress
- Provide technical back-up for our customer support team as a networking subject matter expert
- Communicate clearly and concisely with all teams with whom you interact
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep understanding networking technologies and communication protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, WebSockets)
- Hands-on experience with Linux IP tables, routing, VPNs, and network monitoring tools, as well as with networking hardware setup and headless Linux system setup and configuration
- Ability to script test setup, execution and results comparison
- Hands-on exposure to software testing, scripting or test automation implementation, SQL queries, log file parsing, issue investigation and isolation
- A technical degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry, especially in a small company environment
- Understanding of Linux TUN/TAP devices, wireless broadband (EVDO, HSPA, LTE) modem communication on Linux via AT commands
- Practical experience with cloud networking and communication
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact People and Culture by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.