At Dejero, our mission is to provide fast, reliable, and secure connectivity, anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too! We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada.
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer who is looking for an exciting opportunity to join our Hardware Engineering team in an advanced role. This position is based out of our Waterloo head office, reporting to the Manager of Hardware Engineering.
- Design high quality products that meet the scope, schedule and cost as defined by Product Management
- Analyze requirements and create a detailed hardware architecture and formal structured design.
- Work with other engineers, managers, marketing, production control, quality and manufacturing groups to develop requirements, specifications and test plans
- Recommend design approaches to meet requirements in new and existing products
- Contribute to the development of the company’s strategy, intellectual property, quality and continuous improvements
- Participate in the selection, specification and procurement of equipment for all aspects of design, measurement, testing and validation
- Follow internal processes to ensure conformance to established policies and procedures
- Provide timely production support and problem resolution
- Produce timely status reports
- Write and edit technical reports, proposals, presentations, and other materials
- 5+ years of hardware development experience in industry
- Demonstrated experience in successful product designs that are in mass production
- Experience with standard hardware development methodologies
- A deep understanding of microprocessor based systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Any of the following are considered an asset
- Microprocessor-based systems, including Intel and ARM and standard interfaces like USB
- Cellular modem technology, antennas and RF systems
- Experience engineering RF systems using off-the-shelf modems and other wireless components
- Low level programming (firmware)
- System design including PCB layout, signal integrity and power management
- Microcontrollers and FPGAs
- Automated production testing
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact the People and Culture team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 519.772.4824.