At Dejero, our mission is to provide fast, reliable, and secure connectivity, anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too! We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada (2014, 2015 and 2016).
We’re looking for a Senior People and Culture Specialist to help support our rapidly growing business by increasing our recruitment efforts, partnering with the business and the local community and helping us roll out new people initiatives. Joining our team in Waterloo, Ontario and reporting to the Director of People and Culture, the successful candidate is a hands-on, passionate, strategic HR professional who has a great sense of humour and knows when its needed. If you are a clever, hardworking, and positive minded professional, who never backs down from an awesome opportunity—we want to hear from you.
- Key resource in relation to our recruitment efforts, working closely with hiring managers to identify roles and requirements for positions as we continue to grow and develop our culture.
- Work closely with the Director of People and Culture to execute on talent acquisition and recruitment strategies, attract, hire and on-board talent. Ensure recruitment activities are in line with the business requirements and time frames.
- Coordinate all initiatives and activities as they relate to recruitment and selection for senior and executive level roles (job analysis, job descriptions, advertising, networking, sourcing and vetting talent, coordinating and conducting interviews, testing and assessment of candidates, verifying references, related background checks, preparing and presenting employment agreements and preparing on-boarding activities).
- Ownership of the background screening program, demonstrating critical discretion and care with sensitive information
- Improve and implement systems and processes that enhance the effectiveness, support, and efficiency of our global People and Culture and administrative activities, ensuring alignment with local legislation.
- Interact with employees regarding benefits plans and related programs; promote awareness, follow up on claims’ inquiries and field any questions.
- Work closely with the Director of People and Culture on activities and programs related to supporting the organization’s culture such as social events, recruitment efforts and related activities.
- Development and support of regular communication strategy for company-wide initiatives and communications.
- Management of semi-monthly payroll process, in conjunction with Finance team members.
- Input in to the annual budgeting process.
- Health & Safety: Responsible for maintaining compliance with all relevant health and safety, and facility management policies, procedures and controls across the company to ensure employee safety, legislative compliance, and overall safety first attitude. As a member of the JHSC, responsible for related training and compliance with internal customers and regulatory bodies.
- Support with and maintenance of core values and recognition programming and related activities.
- Assistance with the roll out and execution of semi-annual Employee Review process.
- Act as a key culture champion, demonstrating values and inspiring others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A human resources degree or diploma, human or social sciences, business management degree, or related education required.
- Minimum 4-5+ demonstrated experience working in a generalist People and Culture/HR role with increasing responsibility and scope.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience, creatively sourcing candidates and channels to build relevant talent pools; experience with online sourcing, social media, and other avenues; involved in networking associations and related activities to find suitable candidates. Proven candidate relationship management and responsiveness in a client facing role.
- Hold the CHRL designation or application is in progress.
- Previous experience with Health & Safety and/or regulatory affairs, auditing and compliance required.
- Previous experience in a technical, start-up environment.
- Strategic thinker with solid problem solving and decision making methodologies.
- Comfortable working with and influencing all levels of an organization to achieve maximum results.
- High degree of customer focus and service. Relationship building and respecting others.
- Sense of urgency; enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional individual with integrity and solid business and legal acumen to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact our People and Culture team, by email at email@example.com, or by telephone at 519.772.4824.