At Dejero, our mission is to provide fast, reliable, and secure connectivity, anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too! We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada (2014, 2015 and 2016).
We’re looking for a junior People and Culture Specialist (contract, 12 months) to help support our rapidly growing business by increasing our recruitment efforts, partnering with the business and the local community and helping us roll out new people initiatives. Joining our team in Waterloo, Ontario and reporting to the Director of People and Culture, the successful candidate is a hands-on, passionate, focused HR professional who has a unique blend of analytical abilities and compassion. If you are a clever, hardworking, and positive minded professional, who is looking for an amazing opportunity to grow their skill set—we want to hear from you.
- Key resource in relation to our recruitment efforts, working closely with hiring managers to identify roles and requirements for positions as we continue to grow and develop our culture.
- Coordinate all initiatives and activities as they relate to recruitment and selection for junior to intermediate level roles (job analysis, job descriptions, advertising, networking, sourcing and vetting talent, coordinating and conducting interviews, testing and assessment of candidates, verifying references, related background checks, preparing and presenting employment agreements and preparing on-boarding activities and such).
- Work closely with the People and Culture team on activities and programs related to supporting the organization’s culture such as social events, recognition, and related activities.
- Ownership of the Co-op recruitment program and maintenance of relationship with partnering Universities and Colleges
- Act as a Dejero representative at various events such as recruitment fairs, tradeshows, networking, and training activities, helping further our employer brand.
- Develop fun and creative ways to drive engagement across employee population.
- Continue to research best practices and new developments in HR technology.
- Assist with data integrity, maintenance and review of various People and administrative tools, systems, policies and procedures, files, records and reporting.
- Ownership and execution of personnel file audit process, ensuring all outstanding items are remedied in a timely fashion.
- Health & Safety: Responsible for maintaining compliance with all relevant health and safety, and facility management policies, procedures and controls across the company to ensure employee safety, legislative compliance, and overall safety first attitude. As a member of the JHSC, responsible for related training and compliance with internal customers and regulatory bodies.
- Interface with other internal teams to ensure team targets are met.
- Act as a key culture champion, demonstrating values and inspiring others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A human resources degree or diploma, human or social sciences, business management degree, or related education required.
- Minimum 2+ years of demonstrated experience working in a People and Culture/HR role with increasing responsibility and scope.
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience, creatively sourcing candidates and channels to build relevant talent pools; experience with online sourcing, social media, and other avenues; involved in networking associations and related activities to find suitable candidates. Proven candidate relationship management and responsiveness in a client facing role.
- Hold the CHRP designation or working towards.
- Previous experience with Health & Safety and/or regulatory affairs, auditing and compliance desired, although not required.
- Previous experience in a technical, start-up environment.
- Strategic thinker with solid problem solving and decision making methodologies.
- High degree of customer focus and service. Relationship building and respecting others.
- Sense of urgency; enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional individual with integrity and solid business acumen to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact our People and Culture team, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 519.772.4824.