Dejero simplifies the remote acquisition, cloud management, and multiscreen distribution of professional live video over IP. Many of the world’s top broadcasters rely on Dejero for their mobile newsgathering needs.
At Dejero, we like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too. We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada.
We are looking for a strong technical self-starter with a "can-do" attitude to join our team. Someone who pays close attention to their customers, is comfortable in the broadcast space, gets pumped about working with customers face to face or remote and likes digging into details to help clients achieve their goals. This person must want to learn and grow with us!
- Recommend products, technical architecture, and operational best practices.
- Gather market and customer requirements based on ongoing customer visits.
- Assist Regional Sales Managers and field sales in creation of customer proposals (including RFP/RFI).
- Work closely with your team on priorities to ensure regional financial targets are met.
- Monitor various systems, portals and databases to track customer activities and progress.
- Give formal presentations and product demonstrations to potential customers.
- Owner of complete demo process. Prepare and conduct product trials and demos.
- Create and maintain required reports for such demos and trials and related tracking customer progress and expenses.
- Perform competitive analysis and develop competitive positioning.
- Actively involved in preparing knowledge-based technical papers.
- Support marketing activities at tradeshows.
- Attend and present at industry forums and conventions.
- Participate in post-sales technical support in a role secondary to the support organization.
- Perform in field maintenance and software upgrades as needed
- BS or equivalent in computer science or engineering.
- 5+ years with technical experience in the Broadcast, Cable and/or telecom industries.
- Knowledgeable in major technical disciplines necessary for the end-to-end system design, analysis, integration, and testing of various digital video broadcast and delivery systems.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with an ability to navigate and communicate at all levels.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Deep understanding of MPEG-2, MPEG-4 H.264/AVC compression, ABR streaming video and OTT technologies including HLS, HSS, and HDS.
- Full knowledge of ENG operations.
- Ability and willingness to travel >50% as needed in assigned territory, role to be based in Los Angeles
- Electronic equipment maintenance.
- COFDM/WiFi communication systems.
- Ku / C-band, Ka-band satellite communication systems.
- Knowledge of cellular network technology.
- Knowledge of IP technology
- Full understanding of workflow technology and documentation
Thank you for your application and interest in joining Dejero. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact Human Resources by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 519.772.4824.