At Dejero, our mission is to provide fast, reliable, and secure connectivity, anywhere.
We like challenges. Solving them is what drives us. It’s what defines us. We listen to our customers. We learn from them. We collaborate with them. We cultivate ideas, test them, and improve upon them. That’s how we innovate. Our culture of collaboration and commitment to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart—and we know how to have fun too! We are privately held and ranked in the top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Canada (2014, 2015 and 2016).
We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to join our Hardware Engineering team in an advanced role. This position is based out of our Waterloo head office, reporting to the Manager of Hardware Engineering.
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team to develop and document technical requirements and designs for new products and updates to existing products
- Use 2D and 3D software to design and implement products that deliver an amazing experience for our customers; complete FEA and mechanical analysis
- Complete thermal designs and contribute to RF subsystem designs for products
- Complete quality and reliability testing on new/existing product designs
- Work closely with vendors to deliver high quality subassemblies into production
- Collaborate with Purchasing and vendors to source key components and assemble them into awesome products
- Lead the integration, prototyping and testing of products – ensure that they transfer smoothly into Production
- Investigate current and future technologies that can be utilized in our products
- Develop new intellectual property for Dejero
- Work closely with team members to address feedback from internal and external customers
- Highly organized with a strong process orientation – familiar with standard design methodologies
- A "can do" attitude—passionate about quality and getting things “right” while delivering high quality in all you do
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to quickly evaluate alternatives
- Customer-focused approach
- A consummate team player who strives to serve internal and external customers and deliver a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Ability to multitask and prioritize issues in a fast paced environment
- Completed a university degree in a relevant field (Mechanical, Mechatronics Engineering)
- Previous experience designing custom electronic enclosures and thermal design
- Proven experience in product design and development
- Experience dealing with deadlines and high pressure situations
- Strong skills with 2D and 3D software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Any of the following are considered an asset:
- Experience with Solidworks
- Experience with PC based products and systems
- Experience in a high tech manufacturing environment
- Experience with software development and/or scripting languages
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Dejero is committed to providing a barrier free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please contact the People and Culture team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 519.772.4824.